* YouTube made apparent: they prohibit the use of ad-blockers. Please follow the instructions below to allow ads on YouTube.
If you’d like a one-click solution to the YouTube message you may receive, the easy answer is: download a higher-power ad-blocker (Click to download uBlock Origin)
- Keep Malwarebytes Browser Guard pinned to your address bar. Click the puzzle icon, then click the pin icon.
- Click the Malwarebytes icon to turn protection on or off at any time.
- You’re all set & protected on the web!
BUT ~ You may run into issues… read below.
– Note: while primarily keeping you safe on the web, this extension also serves as an ad-blocker (hides annoying advertisements on sites). YouTube despises functions like this, so please follow the following steps. * See reasoning on the left.
- Click the Malwarebytes icon; at your will, check or uncheck the box, and click “Let’s go”
- The control center of the application, click the three dots in the upper right of the window then ›Allow List
For your knowledge: if a website is bugging you to turn off an ad-blocker, this is where you’ll do that (left column).
- Click “Add a website”
- Lastly, enter “youtube.com” › select “Ads / Trackers” (trackers are to improve ad-serving) › then click “Add to list”